Atlanta Hawks vs New York Knicks First Round Series Recap

 Atlanta Hawks vs New York Knicks First Round Series Recap

Julius Randle, congrats on winning Most Improved Player. But, you just transformed into the most unimproved player in this series. I have to address another thing, I will be posting less of game recaps until I think they are special or elimination games cause every game is just too much to write a recap on. I will also be posting trade scenarios and offseason moves on tradenba.com. Moving on, Julius Randle shot 29.8% from the field. In the regular season, against the same team, he shot 58.8% from the field and averaged 37 points per game. And I think he had 2 40-point games as well. Not beating him up completely, it was only his first playoff series. He halved his field goal percentage in this series. What helped them push it to 6 was Derrick Rose and Alec Burks, the veterans. I never thought Alec Burks would be such a big part of this series. He scored 30 in a game and averaged 14 over the series.  RJ Barrett also averaged just over 14 on 38.8% shooting, well below his regular-season averages. I don't think Julius Randle is going anywhere, but the Knicks might be in search for another star, preferably a point guard.

On the other side of things, I have two words for Trae Young, phenomenal villain. With averages of 29 on 44% shooting, he killed the Knicks. Every Knicks fan was speechless after that first game and the floater.  Bogdan Bogdanovic was also a key part in the series. He had a ridiculous +/- of 15.6 and averaged 14.4. John Collins played well shooting 38.9% from 3 point range. And that's it for me. Personally, I like the Knicks above the Hawks. Let's see what changes they make this offseason, if any.

Comments